Thursday, May 15, 2008

Silver Core Lampwork Beads

Every once in a while I get really excited about new beads going up on the site and this week is one of those times. Don't get me wrong, if I don't love it, I don't sell it...period. But these little beauties are something to behold.

About 6 months ago, one of my main suppliers sent out a flyer about silver core beads. Looked somewhat promising until I inspected them closely. They were pretty simple lampwork beads from China with a silver or gold plated core. Fun idea and I know they're the "in thing" now, but the lampwork was just ordinary and I couldn't see selling ordinary.

Last week, one of my favorite sales folks, Peter, came to see me and said he had silver and gold core beads made by Sassoon Beads of China. I was not ready to be impressed until he showed me another site that's selling similar beads for $25.00 each. Yep...EACH! Are you kidding me? So he pulled out his samples. Unbeadlievable! Gorgeous even! And the price...well, let me just get your juices flowing that these beads are not going to cost you anywhere NEAR $25.00 each.
The best part is the colors...they're just stunning. Swirls and bold colors that make your brain just spin with ideas. The solid colors with dots have air bubbles in the dots (see the cobalt bead in the center above). Air bubbles!!! I have to say I fell in love and bought a bunch.

If you'd like to see these beauties, click here. And wait till you see the price! Don't think they're "cheap"...trust me, they're not...they're high quality beads at incredibly low prices. One of our competitors is selling the exact same beads, from the exact same supplier, for a lot more than me. Once you get these little beauties, send me an email at blog@eebeads.com and let me know what you think of them. Am I nuts? Or are these beads as remarkable as I think they are?

4 comments:

  1. I have never been a huge fan of lampwork but even I have to admit that they are really beautiful with such vibrant colors. Maybe this will turn me onto them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to try something out with these beads! hope they're on the website SOON! =)

    happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Csrolyn, I love the look of these beads. I've seen examples of these at, as you point out $25. They were handmade by a crafter so they did not seem out of line except to my budget.
    How big are the holes? I'm in the market right now for something like these but need the hold to be big enough to handle 8 strands of c-lon. I wish I knew what size that was. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. The holes of the silver core beads are huge...a whopping 4.5mm to fit over the snake chain, so I assume 8 strands of c-lon would fit.

    ReplyDelete