Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Redesigning all things eebeads.com

What a momentous title...it really means I'm asking for YOUR help. Allen and I are working on redesigning eebeads.com (just the website, don't panic :). We have a marketing firm working on ideas and a couple customers who have commented on the website giving us their feedback, but we're kind of at a stand still. Although we have ideas on what we'd like to do, it's pretty useless unless you, our beady, internet surfing customer, like what we do.

So I've got a bit of a challenge for you (another bead challenge is coming REALLY soon, I promise): Take a look at eebeads.com and surf around a bit and then tell me what you want eebeads.com to be like for you! I really mean this...if you were remaking the eebeads.com website, what would you want it to look like?
Here are some things we're debating on that you might be able to solve arguments for:

  1. Should we keep the tab navigation on top or switch to a left side navigation bar?
  2. If we go with left side navigation, should all categories be outlined or should you have to click to get to the subcategories as with the tabs?
  3. Are the colors on the tabs at the top too bright?
  4. Is the background distracting?
  5. (This one gets wordy...sorry) Most sites have an one item per line for sale with an image to the left and text and the option to buy to the right, we have a table and put a lot more items per line...is this too much or do you like seeing more at once?
  6. Is the home page cluttered or do you like all the information you find there?
  7. Is there anything on the site you find confusing or completely baffles you?
  8. Anything else you'd change?

I really appreciate you looking over our site and giving us feedback. We're working to make this site the best it can be and the easiest for you to find what you're looking for. Send any and all comments (nothing wrong with a negative comment!) to me at blog@eebeads.com or leave me a comment below. And thank you in advance!

1 comment:

  1. I got a bunch of wonderful and enlightening comments to this post and posted them for a while. Then I took them all off...why? Well, a lot of times, when we try something new, the next day a certain competitor will copy us (I'm not kidding, it really does happen) so I thought...let them do their own research. You keep those comments and emails to me coming to blog@eebeads.com or post an anonymous comment here and I promise you I'm reading and listening to all your input. Thanks again so very much!!!

    ReplyDelete